Marble Falls Education Foundation is searching for an Executive Director to lead our team. To apply, click here which will direct you to the MFISD application site.
Executive Director Job Description:
Salary Minimum $287.78/Daily
Responsible for the planning, direction, development, administration, supervision, and implementation of a comprehensive internal and external development program that will complement and provide financial assistance to the Marble Falls Independent School District Education Foundation and the Marble Falls Independent School District.
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred, in business administration, communication, or appropriate field with comprehensive fund raising experience in a management position.
Ability to communicate effectively using relevant digital and print media, proficient understanding to utilize computerized accounting and software platforms, and demonstrate interest in professional growth. Energetic executive with a proven record of successful marketing, communications, grant writing, and general fund raising for non-profit organization.
Prefer 2 years in fundraising and administration/marketing and promotion
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Board / Director Relations
Coordinates all meetings and functions of the Education Foundation Board of Directors.
- Assists the Board of Directors in development of a master plan and monitors progress of both short and long-term goals.
- Directs development program to cultivate, motivate, and solicit individual, foundation, and corporate donors which includes the development and maintenance of a computerized system of donor information and reports on trends.
- Coordinates Foundation grant applications for funds from private-sector resources.
- Administers, supervises, and evaluates all Foundation grants and grant activities.
- Assists in preparing the annual budget.
- Supervises, directs, and/or performs clerical details necessary to the operation of the Foundation and the grants as funds are received.
- Demonstrates proficiency of computerized accounting systems in such a way that permits the monitoring and reconciling of expenditures with budget availability.
- Advanced level of understanding related to non-profit organizational accounting including local, state and federal required reporting related to pledges and donations.
- Maintain complete and systematic records of fundraising transactions according to generally accepted accounting principles (non-profit organizations).
Communication / Public Relations
- Educate and engage the community with the work of the district in such a way that it excites the community around the performance and goals of the district.
- Plans, directs, and supervises the preparation and production of all publications and development and maintenance of all mailing lists and audiovisual productions.
- Provides advice, counsel, and general departmental support to all volunteer organizations and committees regarding communications, operations, and development.
- Serves as official representative and spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Maintains membership and represents the Foundation in appropriate professional groups, organizations, associations, and community service clubs.
- Provides community awareness programs through presentations to clubs and organizations, publications, and special programs.
- Plans, directs and supervises implementation of the Foundation’s internal and external public relations program.
- Responsible for development of effective media relations.
- Serves as administrative liaison between the Foundation and the Marble Falls Independent School District.
- Coordinates Foundation affairs with existing school/community partnership programs.
- Demonstrates use of appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement (i.e. volunteer programs).
- Maintains current knowledge of developments and practices in fund raising, planned giving, and tax laws related to charitable giving (to include annual giving, annuities, grants, memorials, and tributes).
- Provides staff development opportunities to develop grant writing skills.
Development / Planning
- Recommends and institutes programs and projects on predetermined timetables.
- Investigates and determines the adaptability of successful fund raising programs of other voluntary non-profit organizations.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent and Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Student and Staff Recognition
- Plans and directs recognition activities for the academic top ten percent of the senior class each year.
- Develops and directs other student academic recognition programs.
- Supervises the selection and recognition for district-wide teacher scholarship program.
Corporate and Community Development
- Maintains current address database for all Marble Falls former students.
Corporate and Community Relations
- Develop, monitor and maintain effective relationships with area businesses and community.
- Serve as a liaison between schools and the community in promoting donations and partnerships.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments, innovations, practices, and regulations regarding fundraising activities within the district.
- Create and maintain a database of current fundraisers within the district.
- Maintain relationships with and field inquiries from third party fundraising vendors.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; coordinate district functions; maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
District wide and statewide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours.